CME : 1
Legal Advisor: Legal Obligations in Treating Patients with Disabilities is organized by Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS) and will be held during May 29, 2017 - May 29, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Course Overview :
The Americans with Disabilities Act is often misunderstood, and it can be challenging for providers to comply with its provisions. Those misunderstandings often result in the inappropriate management of care for disabled patients. Patients with disabilities are entitled to full and equal service, but physicians are faced with difficulties in treating them. The course bluntly states the consequences for not providing adequate accommodations.
Learning Objectives :
• Restate the legal requirements of medical offices under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
• Review the practical applications of the ADA to medical professionals.
• Discuss the common mistakes when treating disabled patients
• Describe how positive interactions can prevent complaints of discrimination
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Risk Management and Medical Negligence
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine