CME : 1
Legal Advisor: Dealing With Difficult Patients and Managing the Risk of Board Complaints is organized by Massachusetts Medical Society (MMS) and will be held during May 29, 2017 - May 29, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Course Overview :
Dealing with a difficult patient presents additional challenges. Physicians may need to employ different methods of communication designed to diffuse any feelings of anger or dissatisfaction, set clear expectations and boundaries, and carefully document the encounter to put themselves in the best position to defend any subsequent complaint. This CME activity explores multiple strategies when dealing with difficult patients.
Learning Objectives :
• Assess what behaviors are effective in communicating with difficult patients.
• Identify how expectations and boundaries can help to manage difficult patients.
• Explain the importance of documentation in dealing with difficult patients.
• Classify certain behaviors as being sufficient to terminate the physician-patient relationship.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Risk Management and Medical Negligence
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine