CME : 0.5
June 2019 JVU: The Role of Preoperative Duplex Ultrasound Vessel Mapping in Determining Primary Failure of Pediatric Hemodialysis Arteriovenous Fistula is organized by University of Cincinnati Continuing Medical Education (UC-CME)
Start Date:Jun 01, 2019
Expire Date: May 31, 2022
The University of Cincinnati designates this Enduring Material activity for a maximum of .5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.Physicians should claim only the credits commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Vascular Physicians, Vascular Technologists and Sonographer members of SVU
This issue highlights pediatric hemodialysis access ultrasound, preventive venous thrombosis diagnosis, ultrasound in traumatic and post catheterization pseudoaneurysms, and aberrant extracranial branch preventing complete carotid occlusion.
After reading and studying the (6) articles in the June 2019 Issue of the Journal for Vascular Ultrasound, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the wait time for pediatric kidney transplantation.
• Define the routine of evaluation for pediatric preoperative AV fistula studies.
• Define the failure to mature and percentage of pediatric AVF patients who do.
• Discuss the number of VTE’s and PE’s annually.
• Define spontaneous echo contrast
• Describe risk for VTE.
• Define Horner syndrome.
• Define HITS.
• Describe value of reversed flow in an ophthalmic artery.
• Define values of transradial access.
• Describe potential values to transradial access.
• Describe location of distal radial artery access.
• Discuss value of sonographer in finding traumatic lower leg aneurysms
• Discuss treatments of leg aneurysms.
• Define FAST.
• Describe branches coming off of the normal internal carotid artery.
• Describe various ECA branches.
• Define current vascular education for treatment of carotid occlusions.
Vascular, Sonographers, Vascular Technologists
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Non-Member Registration Fee||30 May,2022||USD 40.00|
Contact Hours 1
- 180 Minutes
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine