JeffAPCT: Medication-Assisted Treatment in Opioid Use Disorders - Part III
JeffAPCT: Medication-Assisted Treatment in Opioid Use Disorders - Part III is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU).
Course opens: 04/23/2019
Course expires: 04/23/2022
Physicians: Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 0.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Jefferson's Department of Family and Community Medicine has developed a series of online courses to help practitioners acquire the knowledge and tools to begin to incorporate population health and quality improvement strategies into their practices.
This course, JeffAPCT - Medication-Assisted Treatment in Opioid Use Disorders - Part III, is part of a series of online courses designed to help providers increase their knowledge and skills in these areas.
• Illustrate a framework for approaching opioid use disorder addiction and treatment options that could be applied to your practice.
• Discuss the basics of medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opioid use disorder.
• Identify concrete steps for addressing chronic pain in the context of medication assisted treatment.
• Define the steps to be trained in combined buprenorphine and naloxone therapy and medication assisted treatment.
• Recognize patients who need methadone maintenance therapy and refer them using local and national resources for your practice.
• Describe relationships between opiates and anxiety, depression and sleep disorders, which would impact patient care.
Addiction DisordersAddiction Care
Addiction CareAddiction Medicine
- CME : 0.25
This course is designed for primary care community preceptors and other healthcare professionals interested in learning about population health principles in practice.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine