Introduction to MSK Ultrasound - Lower Extremities is organized by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute (GCUS) Inc..
Date of Original Release: 12/18/2019
Reviewed for content accuracy: 12/18/2022
This edition valid for credit through: 12/18/2025
Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Lower Extremities Online Course is designed to increase knowledge and competence in order to better perform and/or interpret lower extremity musculoskeletal ultrasound. This course is made up of five (5) modules, which include recommended reading assignments, online video lectures, case presentations, and online interactive activities, including post-module exams. Enrollment is valid for 12 months (365 days) and begins the moment the participant is enrolled. Extend your online course access another 3 months with the addition of an onsite hands-on workshop or registration for a regularly scheduled GCUS scan workshop.
• Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Imaging Fundamentals and Tissue Characterization
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Knee
• Ultrasound Evaluation of Knee Pathology
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Foot & Ankle
• Ultrasound Evaluation of the Hip
• Ultrasound-Guided Injection Techniques in Musculoskeletal Medicine
•Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
• List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for sports medicine injuries, physical medicine & rehabilitation, and rheumatology applications.
• Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
• Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing knee, ankle/foot & hip ultrasound examinations.
• Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
• Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology of the knee, ankle, foot, and hip.
• Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe “in-plane” and “out of plane” injection/aspiration techniques.
• Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
Note: 1 year/365 days of Unlimited Access from date of purchase. Expires on 2/23/2024 if purchased today.