Insomnia Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Dec 02, 2016 - Dec 02, 2019. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
Conference Description :
The purpose of this activity is to educate medical providers with knowledge on what the definition of insomnia is, as well as the risk factors for insomnia and the health risks of untreated insomnia. Also how one can develop insomnia and the psychological factors and behavioral adaptations that insomnia patients develop to deal with their insomnia that actually is propagating their sleep issues.
The treatment approach to insomnia varies considerably based on the cause. All patients with insomnia as a result of underlying sleep or medical conditions should have these addressed.
Once these are excluded the cause should determine the treatment. Clinicians should have knowledge of common medications for insomnia and behavioral interventions to treat insomnia patients.
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• REVIEW basic approaches to insomnia treatment
• REVIEW available behavioral and pharmacologic therapies for insomnia
• Describe the epidemiology and health implications of chronic insomnia
• DESCRIBE the psychological characteristic of those with chronic insomnia and
• DESCRIBE the behavioral and environmental factors that perpetuate chronic insomnia.
You’ll also learn about the following:
• Common causes of insomnia
• Normal sleep patterns
• Sleep binging
• Circadian rhythm disturbances
• Eye patches and background noise recordings
• Approach to the patient who wakes up and cannot fall back to sleep
• Approach to temporary situational insomnia
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Psychiatry, Sleep Medicine