Recorded Course: Hot Topics in Infectious Diseases: New Antimicrobials, Penicillin Allergy De-labeling, Shorter Durations of Therapy, and more IV to PO conversion in complicated infections is organized by University Learning Systems (ULS).
1. Review various newer antimicrobials that have been FDA-approved.
2. Evaluate these agents critically for use in clinical practice.
3. Discuss penicillin allergies including long-term implications.
4. Describe process and recent data supporting intervention strategies to de-label patients.
5. Describe disease states for which shorter durations of therapy data are growing.
6. Review data for which IV to PO conversion is growing for complicated infections