Infection Preventionist Survival Guide for Observing a Surgical Procedure is organized by Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC).
Available through: 12/31/2021
Nursing Contact Hours: 1.00
In this webinar, we will discuss the operating room environment, so the infection preventionist will understand the importance of their role in this unique area and have the confidence to observe a surgical procedure.
• Describe the importance of the infection preventionist (IP) role in observing surgical procedures.
• Understand the basics of surgical asepsis.
• Identify OR practices observed by the IP.
• Define strategies the IP can utilize when gaps in practices are known.
• Identify tools that can assist with surgical procedure observation.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Epidemiology, Surgery, Infectious Disease