Incorporating New Diabetes Treatments : Rx for Therapeutic Inertia is organized by Boston University School of Medicine Continuing Medical Education and will be held during Jun 15, 2016 - Jun 15, 2018.
The target audience for this medical event is Physicians, physician assistants, NPs, and other allied healthcare professionals.
Conference Objectives are :
Part 1-Using Non-insulin Agents At the completion of this module the learner will :
• Identify the 12 classes of diabetes medications.
• Explain how non-insulin agents address the main pathophysiologic defects of T2DM.
• Recognize the benefits and risks of the newer non-insulin agents for T2DM: DPP-4 inhibitors, GLP-1 RAs and SGLT-2 inhibitors.
• Apply knowledge of metabolic staging of T2DM to initiate and advance therapy, particularly with the newer non-insulin agents .
Part 2- Using Insulin At the completion of this module the learner will :
• List circumstances when insulin should be started in T2DM.
• Recognize the action profiles and dosing strategies of commonly used insulins.
• Initiate and advance insulin therapy in T2DM.
• Comfortably practice the combined use of basal and prandial insulins.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes