Contact Hours : 1
Impulse Control in Children and Adolescents: Diagnostic Challenges and Treatment Options is organized by College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP).
Activity Dates: 06/01/2017 - 04/24/2020
This course is designed for pharmacists, nurse practitioners or other healthcare professionals involved in the comprehensive medication management of psychiatric and/or neurological patients.
ACPE Contact Hours:
Evidence to support pharmacologic treatment of impulse control in children and adolescents is rooted in the primary diagnosis. While impulsivity can present in numerous mental health disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) specifically lists impulsivity in its diagnostic criteria, and other mental health diagnoses such as bipolar disorder (BD), disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD) and autism spectrum disorder (ASD) contain key diagnostic features that are closely related to impulsivity. It is important for pharmacists to understand the differential diagnosis process for impulse control disorders in youth as the treatment for the impulse control can vary widely based on the primary diagnosis. This program will aim to educate the audience on those differential diagnoses and the recommended treatments for impulsivity in children based on their primary mental health disorder.
• Differentiate between the varying presentations of impulsivity in youth with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), bipolar disorder (BD), disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD) and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
• Describe evidence-based treatment options for impulsivity based on the primary mental health diagnosis.
• Given a specific patient case, recommend appropriate treatment for the presenting impulse control disorder
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine