Immigrant Medicine Webcast is organized by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (OSUMC) and will be held during Dec 16, 2016 - Dec 16, 2019. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Conference Description :
This presentation is meant to provide primary care physicians a context for caring for newly arrived immigrants and refugees to Ohio. It describes the general types of immigration and major sources of refugees arriving in Ohio. It details the medical screening that occurs at each step of immigration inside the US and outside the US, and how the results of these screenings are reported. In addition, it provides a framework for understanding assimilation to a new country and issues newly arrived immigrants may face in obtaining health care.
Conference Objectives are :
As a result of this educational activity, webcast participants will be able to:
• DESCRIBE the major types of immigration to the US, with focus on the origins of refugees arriving in Ohio and
• OUTLINE the framework of medical screening that occurs inside and outside the US during immigration.
You’ll also learn about the following :
• Why people immigrate
• Immigrant populations in Columbus, Ohio
• Interpreter services
• PPD versus Quantiferon
• Cultural differences in end-of-life care
• Medical implications of undocumented immigrants
• Integrating traditional medicine with Western medicine
• Health insurance for non-citizens
• Immigrants requiring dialysis and other chronic medical treatments
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Medical tourism, Medicine