Identification of Addiction - Opioid Course
Identification of Addiction - Opioid Course is organized by Thomas Jefferson University (TJU).
Course opens: 07/23/2018
Course expires: 12/31/2020
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In order for medical physician and surgeons, medical physician assistants and nurse-midwives with prescriptive authority to renew their license or prescriptive authority approval for the next renewal period, section 9.1(a)(2) of ABC-MAP requires that they complete at least two (2) hours of continuing education:
• Practices of Prescribing or Dispensing of Opioids (1 hour)
• Pain Management (1 hour), or
• Identification of Addiction (1 hour)
• Define addiction and differentiate it from other forms of substance misuse
• Name and describe the 3 main components of SBIRT
• List approved pharmacological treatments for substance use disorders
✔Prescribing of Opioids
Prescribing of Opioids
- CME : 1
This course is designed for healthcare professionals with prescriptive authority to renew their license or prescriptive authority approval for the next renewal period.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine