Hypertension and Nutrition: Low Sodium Diets and Flavor Building is organized by Healthcare Made Practical (HMP) Communications LLC.
This live activity is designed for primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, registered dietitians, certified diabetes educators, pharmacists, nutritionists, and other related healthcare professionals.
CME: Naccme Designates This Live Activity For A Maximum Of 3.00 Ama Pra Category 1 Credits™. Physicians Should Claim Only The Credit Commensurate With The Extent Of Their Participation In The Activity. The National Commission On Certification Of Physician Assistants Accepts Ama Pra Category 1 Credit™ From Organizations Accredited By The Accme.
CNE: This Continuing Nursing Education Activity Awards 3.00 Contact Hours. Provider Approved By The California Board Of Registered Nursing, Provider #13255 For 3.0 Contact Hours.
CPE for Pharmacists: This activity is approved for 3.00 contact hours (.15 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education (UAN JA0006201-0000-18-041-H01-P).This educational activity is a knowledge-based activity.
CPE for Dietitians: North American Center for Continuing Medical Education, LLC (NACCME) is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 3.00 Continuing Professional Education units (CPEUs) for completion of this activity/materials.
• Describe both the impact a high-sodium diet has on long-term health, as well as the typical level of consumption in an American diet.
• Extract methods to improve cardiovascular health from the DASH diet.
• Assess the amount of dietary sodium consumed in recipes and prepared foods.
• Analyze the underlying reasons for a high-sodium American diet.
• Identify the aspects of the DASH Diet that lead to improved cardiovascular health.
• Discuss the impacts of the DASH Diet and sodium reduction on cardiovascular health.
This Live Activity Will Occur At The Cardiometabolic Risk Summit Conference Or At The Goldring Center For Culinary Medicine At Tulane University.
To Be Eligible For Documentation Of Credit, Participants Must Attend The Full Activity And Complete The Evaluation Form. Participants Will Immediately Receive Documentation Of Credit.
To access this module, you should have already paid your teaching kitchen module fee to the Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine or as part of an add-on to a Cardiometabolic Risk Summit conference.
Activity Payment Details
Reviews Given by Professionals
Healthcare Made Practical (HMP) Communications LLCView Organizer Details
Live to Virtual Conference
Market your online event to Million plus Healthcare professionals.
Browse by Specialty (Online CME/CE Only) View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine