CME : 1
“Hub & Spoke”: Vermont’s Framework for Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Addiction is organized by American Psychiatric Association (APA). This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Physicians who have a waiver to treat opioid use disorder in an office-based setting and other interested clinicians.
Start Date:- Feb 09, 2016.
End Date:- Feb 09, 2020.
Faced with increasing rates of opioid addiction and insufficient treatment capacity to meet demand for care, Vermont developed a novel framework to expand medication-assisted treatment in both Opioid Treatment Programs (OTPs) and Office-Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT) settings. Although this initiative initially focuses on medication-assisted treatment for individuals with opiate addictions, it creates a framework for integrating treatment services for other substance abuse issues and co-occurring mental health disorders into the medical home through a managed approach to care. In addition, this treatment approach will help reduce recidivism in corrections and enhance outcomes for families where addiction is an identified problem for child welfare.
At the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
• Identify specific strategies to expand access to Medication-Assisted Treatment. These strategies include enhanced staffing and expanded program offerings in OTP and OBOT settings. These strategies were developed to systematically address common barriers to the provision of MAT services.
• Describe how “Health Homes” authorized under section 2703 of the Affordable Care Act can be used for addictions treatment.
• Identify measurement tools for key aspects of evidenced-based MAT services to help improve quality.
- 60 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine