Hearing the Silent Cry for Help
Hearing the Silent Cry for Help is organized by Viva Learning™ LLC.
Release Date: 04/22/2014
Expiration Date: 04/22/2023
Credits: 1 CEU
Dentistry is well positioned to recognize the signs of individuals that are trapped in dangerous situations. Abuse, neglect, domestic violence and human trafficking surround us in today’s society and leave clear indicators that - if we are properly trained to recognize them - can be detected. All too often an individual is crying for help and it goes unheard.
Dental professionals are in a front-line capacity to prevent serious mental and physical consequences…perhaps even save a person’s life. This CE webinar will highlight some of the key warning signs of abuse, neglect, maltreatment and human trafficking. Resources will be given for the most appropriate avenues for aiding these individuals.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the student will:
• Learn to recognize the most common indicators of abuse, neglect, domestic violence, and human trafficking
• Understand the legal and ethical responsibilities involved in reporting and referring victims
• Explore available resources
• Implement an action plan
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CEU : 1
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pulmonary Medicine