Ginseng Supplementation: Uses, Effectiveness, and Safety
Ginseng Supplementation: Uses, Effectiveness, and Safety is organized by Western Schools and will be held from Dec 15, 2017 - Dec 31, 2020. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 2.00 Contact Hours (2 Pharm Hours).
Ginseng is a perennial herb of the Araliaceae family. Ninety-nine percent of the world market of ginseng is produced by four counties: Korea, China, Canada, and the United States (Foster, 2016). The most common types are Panax ginseng (Chinese, Korean, or Asian ginseng) and Panax quinquefolius (American ginseng). This course will review the background and history of ginseng, common uses, and nursing considerations.
• Discuss the background and history of ginseng.
• Describe the common uses and evidence of effectiveness for Panax ginseng.
• Describe the common uses and evidence of effectiveness for American ginseng.
• Discuss the potential interactions and other nursing considerations when using ginseng.
• Compare the use of ginseng to other supplements used for the same conditions.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Contact Hours : 2
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine