Geriatric Massage: Evidence Based Approach to Improve Functional Outcomes and Quality of Life
Geriatric Massage: Evidence Based Approach to Improve Functional Outcomes and Quality of Life is organized by HomeCEU. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 2 contact hours.
Massage Therapists, Physical Therapists, and Physical Therapist Assistants.
As the elderly population grows, there is an increasing need for skilled hands-on care to address the challenges of aging. Therapeutic massage has proven to be beneficial in reducing some of the symptoms of medical conditions associated with aging, and improving quality of life in the golden years.
This course discusses age-related changes in health and physiology. Intervention approaches for specific problems such as circulatory deficits, diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, arthritis, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, stroke, balance issues, and chronic pain are discussed. A review of the evidence indicating the efficacy of therapeutic massage for common health conditions in seniors is presented. Evidence reveals how therapeutic massage may be readily implemented as part of a treatment program to achieve better functional outcomes in elderly patients.
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a study on therapeutic massage as an essential component of a treatment plan for seniors.
At the concludion of this course the participant will be able to
• Describe the effects of aging on physiology, psychology and function in the elderly
• Discuss the efficacy of medical massage therapy based on current evidence
• Describe modifications of massage interventions for addressing common medical conditions in the elderly.
• Explain the benefits of therapeutic massage interventions in promoting improved mobility, reduced pain, and positive functional outcomes in the elderly.
- Contact Hours : 2
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology