Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review is organized by Ebix | Oakstone Publishing, LLC and will be held during Aug 31, 2017 - Aug 31, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is gastroenterologists, hepatologists, internists, fellows in gastroenterology, internal medicine residents interested in gastroenterology and hepatology, and nurse practitioners working in gastroenterology, hepatology, and internal medicine. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 36.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Gastroenterology and Hepatology Board Review focuses on the key topics in these two subspecialties. It will help you keep pace with the latest developments in your field and will fully prepare you for the ABIM Gastroenterology subspecialty certification exam. It will help you to:
• Apply an evidence-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal and liver disorders
• Augment your scope of knowledge of motility disorders such as gastroparesis, functional dyspepsia, ileus, etc.
• Identify approaches to gastrointestinal hemorrhage
• Appraise the management of hepatitis B and hepatitis C
• Outline screening procedures and diagnostic criteria for gastrointestinal cancers
Learning Objectives :
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
• Apply a sophisticated, evidence-based approach to the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal and liver disorders
• Discuss the difference between gastroesophageal reflux disease and Barrett’s esophagus
• Differentiate among motility disorders: gastroparesis, functional dyspepsia, ileus
• Assess therapy options for C. difficile colitis
• Summarize screening procedures and diagnostic criteria for gastrointestinal cancers
• Differentiate between the management options for hepatitis B and hepatitis C
• Explain imaging possibilities for liver masses
• Recognize the diagnostic challenges of acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis
• Identify approaches to gastrointestinal bleeding
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.