Forensic Pathology is organized by The American Institute of Health Care Professionals (AIHCP), Inc..
Credits: Contact hours of education = 50
This is the final course in the forensic nursing practice continuing education curriculum. It presents a comprehensive study of primary issues related to forensic pathology. Students will study and learn principles of forensic pathology covering the most common issues they will encounter in forensic nursing practice. Theory is presented on DNA testing and analysis of body fluids and tissue. Applications are presented with accompanying photos of pathology to enhance the student's learning experience. Students will also study and review actual cases related to forensic pathology. Additional study will focus on principles for using forensic pathology and evidence in court room testimony. Course Code: FN 580. Contact hours of education = 50.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Understand the basic concepts of forensic pathology as an introduction to forensic nursing practice.
• Distinguish various practitioners in forensic science and differentiate their roles.
• Examine a number of cases with forensic implications and employ forensic knowledge gained.
• Develop basic understanding of forensic pathology and its significance to determining cause, manner, and mechanism of death; time of death, decomposition, and identification.
• Describe the link of forensic pathology to: sudden natural death; firearms; cutting and stabbing; drugs and alcohol; asphyxia and drowning; electrical and thermal and exposure to extreme temperatures; blunt trauma; and pediatric trauma.
• Describe basic concepts on forensic DNA testing.
• Associate forensic pathology to forensic photographed cases and selected case scenarios.
• Demonstrate knowledge in testifying in a courtroom including self-preparation, review, cross examination, and depositions.
• Point and distinguish forensic phenomenon through photographs.
- Contact Hours : 50
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine