Florida: ADRD for Specialized Alzheimer's Adult Day Care, Level 1
Florida: Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders (ADRD) for Specialized Alzheimer's Adult Day Care, Level 1 is organized by ATrain Education, Inc. and will be held from May 26, 2018 - Aug 28, 2022. The target audience for this medical event is Occupational Therapists, OTAs. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 4 contact hours.
This training is for those who have direct contact with clients in specialized Alzheimer's adult day care centers. It is designed to increase your awareness and understanding of Alzheimer's disease and related dementias.
When you finish this course you will be able to:
• Give 3 examples of normal changes in thinking that occur as we age.
• Describe 3 characteristics associated with dementia.
• Relate 3 ways in which dementia can affects general conversations.
• Relate the 3 components that should be part of individual and group activities for clients with dementia.
• Describe 3 ways in which stress can affect a caregiver’s quality of life.
• Describe 3 issues family caregivers face as their loved one transitions from mild to moderate to severe dementia.
• Identify 3 common behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia.
• Describe how mild, moderate, and severe dementia affects a person’s ability to complete basic activities of daily living.
• Identify 3 philosophical concepts that are important in the design of a therapeutic environment for those with dementia.
• Identify common ethical conflicts that may arise when caring for clients with dementia.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 4
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine