Family Centered Maternity Care Self-Study Package is organized by American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and will be held during Apr 28, 2018 - Jan 23, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 25.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Course Description :
Designed to help family physicians provide the best care to both mothers and mothers-to-be, as well as their growing families, the AAFP Family Centered Maternity Care Self-Study Package is a comprehensive, evidence-based learning solution built to help you enhance your ability to understand, diagnose, and treat common clinical problems in maternity care.
Use this dynamic self-study tool to better prepare for the maternity care module of the ABFM Family Medicine Certification Examination, while simultaneously staying on the leading edge of emerging public health topics that may concern your maternity patients.
Learning Objectives :
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of common clinical problems seen in maternity care.
• Construct evidence-based strategies to diagnose and treat common conditions related to maternity care.
• Prepare plans to address emerging public health topics related to maternity care.
• Common Newborn Problems
• Depression Disorders: Screening/Diagnosis/Management
• Diabetes: Pregestational and Gestational
• Genetic Screening
• Hypertensive Disorders
• Induction of Labor
• Infections in Pregnancy
• Intrapartum: Normal Labor
• Intrauterine Growth Restriction
• Managing Category Two and Three Tracings
• Maternal Wellbeing
• Neonatal Respiratory Distress and Sepsis
• The New Stage Two Paradigm
• Optimal Timing of Delivery
• Postpartum Urgencies
• Preconception/First Trimester Concerns
• Prematurity Prevention/Treatment
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Patient and Family Centered Care, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Midwifery