Families with Disabled Children: Early Intervention is organized by RnCeus Interactive and will be held from Jul 02, 2018 - Mar 30, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is relevant to nurses who work with families of children with disabilities in a variety of settings: inpatient, clinic, home health, schools, public and private agencies, and nurse case management. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 3 contact hours.
• List factors that inhibit the parents’ readiness to form parent/professional partnerships.
• Describe the three phases of parent/professional partnerships and identify appropriate nursing approaches for each stage.
• List effective strategies for professionals to follow in their early interactions with parents of children with disabilities.
• Define criteria for determining a child’s eligibility for the early intervention system.
• Discuss eligibility criteria that must be met in order for the child to receive special education services through the school system.
• Identify special services typically provided by states for children with disabilities.
• Identify the four key components of the Turnbulls’ Empowerment Model, and describe nursing implications within each component.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.