CME : 1
EFM Case Study 10: Category II Fetal Heart Rate (FHR) Patterns Management is organized by Physicians Insurance/Experix and will be held during Dec 09, 2016 - Dec 09, 2019.
The target audience for this medical event is Obstetricians and family practice physicians. Midwives, obstetric nurse practitioners, residents and other interested healthcare practitioners skilled in EFM and EFM stakeholders are also welcome to participate. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1 CME credit.
The most frequent OB malpractice allegation, delay in the treatment of fetal distress, involves interpretation and management errors of fetal heart rate patterns (FHR). Category II is the largest category with over 128 various FHR patterns and is the most challenging to manage. This monograph compares the 2013 expert clinical opinion recommendations with the current ACOG guidelines and offers risk management solutions. EFM Case studies and critical thinking drills are included to improve clinical decision making and reduce claims in this challenging population.
Conference Objectives are :
• Assess baseline knowledge of management of Category II FHR patterns through completion of critical thinking drills.
• Critique the NICHD 3-Tier FHR Interpretation System, ACOG FHR intrapartum management algorithm, and a new proposal for the specific management of Category II FHR patterns.
• Implement risk management solutions that increase your interpretation and management of Category II FHR patterns at highest risk for fetal acidemia and injury.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine