ECG Strip Identification and Evaluation is organized by RnCeus Interactive and will be held from Jun 27, 2018 - Mar 30, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is nurses and other health professionals who would like to learn, or review, basic ECG dysrhythmia identification. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 5.0 contact hours
• Describe the conduction system of the heart.
• Discuss the sites of action potential generation and propagation through the cardiac conduction system.
• Contrast the effect of parasympathetic with sympathetic stimulation of the cardiac conduction system.
• Correlate the actions of the heart represented by the p wave, PR interval, QRS complex, and
• Choose proper placement of electrodes based on ECG mechanics.
• Calculate a heart rate from an ECG strip
• Analyze how the following rhythms would appear on an ECG stip.
• Normal sinus rhythm
• Sinus Bradycardia
• Sinus tachycardia
• List 5 common causes of abnormal heart rhythms.
• Analyze how the following dysrhythmias would appear on an ECG stip.
• Atrial fibrillation
• Premature ventricular contractions
• Ventricular fibrillation
• Asystole/ventricular standstill
• List nursing interventions associated with common dysrhythmias.
• Describe the nursing interventions intended to correct the effects of insufficient tissue perfusion associated with dysrhythmia.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Cardiology, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology