E-FAST Exam Explained Clearly is organized by MedCram.
CONFIDENTLY PERFORM & INTERPRET THE FAST ULTRASOUND EXAM
Need to learn FAST for your job or rotation in the trauma or emergency setting? Looking to improve your FAST technique & efficiency?
In FAST Exam Explained Clearly, ultrasound expert & ED physician Joshua Jacquet, MD illustrates a straightforward system that will have you performing FAST & Extended FAST Exams efficiently and accurately.
The Focused Assessment with Sonography in Trauma (FAST) has become an integral part of a trauma survey, and is performed immediately after the primary survey of the ATLS protocol…
… and for good reasons: FAST achieves similar results in detecting hemoperitoneum as both CT scan and diagnostic peritoneal lavage, but is faster, cheaper, and avoids radiation or an invasive procedure.
Additionally, the Extended FAST Exam (EFAST) will detect hemopericardium, hemothorax, & pneumothorax.
Many trauma patients have internal injuries that are not apparent on physical exam. A properly performed EFAST identifies significant bleeding into the peritoneal, pleural, or pericardial spaces and expedite a potentially life-saving intervention.
Watch this video series now for a clear and enjoyable approach to mastering the FAST & EFAST bedside Exams.
What you'll receive from this course:
• Essential background info and indications for the FAST Exam
• A clear & concise method for performing the 4 classic FAST windows (RUQ, LUQ, Pelvic, & Cardiac)
• Steps to effectively perform the EFAST Exam and assess the pleural space and lung sliding
• Tips & nuances for clinical application & additional point-of-care ultrasound uses (POCUS)
• How to assess for hemothorax and pneumothorax with numerous examples of each
• Quiz questions to reinforce core concepts and help you study.
• 5 trauma cases that Dr. Jacquet works through to expand your understanding
• 1 year of full unlimited access on up to 3 devices
Radiology, Trauma, Sonography
CME 4 +1
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine