Domestic Violence: Psychological Impact and Treatment for Victims Home Study
Domestic Violence: Psychological Impact and Treatment for Victims Home Study (3 CE's) is organized by TZK Seminars.
Expires: Mar 01, 2022
This Course has been approved for a maximum of 3 CEs Credits.
The field of domestic violence has been evolving over the past thirty plus years as the knowledge base has increased and new assessment and intervention techniques offer assistance to the families in which it occurs. This Webinar will begin by reviewing identification and assessment tools for victims, perpetrators, and children that can assist mental health professionals. We will then review the field of trauma and the psychological impact on victims. Finally, we will look at one specific treatment program that can be used with victims of domestic violence and other gender-based trauma.
At the end of this seminar, participants will be able to:
• Identify victims, perpetrators, and children who have lived in families where there is domestic violence.
• Demonstrate the use of one assessment tool to assess PTSD
• Explain the importance of assessing for health consequences for domestic violence
• Describe the gender basis for the psychological impact of domestic violence.
• Define “battered woman syndrome” and how it can be measured.
- CEs : 3
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine