Domestic Violence - Part 1 Course
Domestic Violence - Part 1 Course is organized by Florida Academy of Family Physicians (FAFP).
Date of Original Release: 6/2/16
Date of Release: 9/16/19
Date Credit Expires: 9/16/22
The Florida Academy of Family Physicians designates this internet enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Suzanne Harrison, MD, FAAFP presents this one-hour webinar, first in a series, on Domestic Violence outlining state mandated information for Florida license requirements.
After completing this activity, learners will be able to:
• Define domestic violence and the impact on the health.
• Cite the prevalence of domestic violence on a national and state level.
• Discuss the laws pertaining to this issue in the state of Florida.
• Describe how to screen and assess individuals who may be victims or perpetrators of domestic violence in a culturally sensitive manner.
• Identify resources available for victims and perpetrators of domestic violence in Florida.
• Discuss the signs and symptoms that should alert a healthcare provider to the possibility of interpersonal violence.
• Describe conditions that are seen more commonly in adult patients who were abused or neglected as children.
• Discuss questions that create an atmosphere conducive to a disclosure of violence, abuse or neglect.
- CME : 1
AAFP/FAFP Members and Nonmember Physicians
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine