Digital Slide Pathology Review: A Case Based Approach to Common Problems in Surgical Pathology is organized by docmedED.com - Educational Symposia (ESI) ON-DEMAND.
Release Date: April 15, 2022
CME Expiration Date: April 14, 2025
About This CME Teaching Activity:
Digital Slide Pathology Review is designed to provide a review of key topics in different areas of surgical pathology, including breast, gynecologic, orthopedic, head and neck, and soft tissue pathology. This activity provides an update and an overview of some of the most important diagnostic features which allow the practicing pathologist to make accurate diagnoses, as well as clues as to how to avoid the common diagnostic pitfalls. Also included is a discussion of appropriate ancillary diagnostic techniques which help to serve in rendering a final diagnosis.
Educational Objectives :
At the completion of this CME teaching activity, you should be able to:
• Discuss the most common patterns seen in soft tissue tumors.
• Recognize the most commonly used immunohistochemical and molecular techniques used in the diagnosis of soft tissue tumors.
• Identify the limitations and potential pitfalls of immunohistochemistry and molecular testing in head and neck pathology.
• Cite the most important changes in the WHO classification of cartilaginous neoplasms.
• Differentiate the most common benign and malignant cartilaginous tumors.
• Utilize information on the uses and limitations of immunohistochemistry in resolving diagnostic problems in breast core needle biopsy specimens.
• Review the updated guidelines for ER, PR, and HER2 testing in breast cancer.
• Recognize the uses and limitations of immunohistochemistry in resolving diagnostic problems in spindle cell lesions of the breast.
• Describe the most common differential diagnoses in genitourinary pathology.
• Provide accurate classification and appropriate use of ancillary studies in endometrial lesions.
• Review the recent updates in the WHO classification of tumors of the gynecologic tract.
• Discuss the most common causes of inflammation and injury to the stomach.
• Identify the diagnostic considerations of eosinophilic tumors of the kidney.
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.