Diet, Exercise, and Fitness The Essentials of Sports Nutrition Course for Dietitians
Diet, Exercise, and Fitness The Essentials of Sports Nutrition Course for Dietitians is organized by ContinuingEducation.com - OnCourse Learning Corporation. This Online CME Conference is held Aug 01, 2011 - May 31, 2021.
The target audience for this online medical event is Dietetics/Nutrition. This online CME Conference has been assigned for a maximum of 10.00 CPEU.
The mission of this sports nutrition training continuing education session is to present a significant review of the elements of evidence-based sports nutrition practice, required in assisting the athletes to implement safe and efficient nutrition interventions to promote optimal performance and overall health.
Conference Objectives are :
• Explain the methods to intensity, duration, and fitness level influence the type of fuel used by the muscles for energy
• Describe the relationship of carbohydrate intake and endurance training to performance
• Plan and prepare the following for an athlete: a pre-exercise meal, a training diet, a carbohydrate-loading diet, and intake during and after the competition
• Explain the advantages of fat use during exercise, and the pros and cons of a fast-loading diet
• Assert the protein requirements for athletes and explain why goals may be different for athletes
• Outline three causes why amino acid supplements are not necessary to increase performance
• Determine suitable fluid replacement to prevent dehydration and maximize performance
• Describe the role of exercise for weight control, body composition, energy metabolism, and in eating disorders
• Determine which ergogenic aids are advantageous and which are worthless
• Consider some nutrition beliefs and approaches that may constitute quackery
• Plan a training diet that meets the calorie, carbohydrate, protein and fat requirements of an athlete based on age, sex, weight, height, training goals, and sport
• Explain the methods on how relative energy efficiency in sport (RED-S) and the female athlete triad (FAT) compromise the athletic performance and what health consequences can result from them.
• Assess prevailing sports nutrition research in preparation for the Commission on Dietetic Registration Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) exam
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 10
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 6 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine