Diabetes Leadership Edge: Advancing PA Leadership in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes | Module 2 - Overview and Risk Factors and Diagnosis is organized by American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) and will be held during Apr 24, 2018 - May 31, 2020. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.0 AAPA Category 1 CME credit by the AAPA Review Panel.
This module focuses on issues related to identifying patients who are at risk for diabetes and appropriately intervening to manage modifiable risk-factors. PAs will also learn to make a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes based on current criteria.
• Identify practice performance gaps related to the care of patients with diabetes.
• List modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
• Formulate a plan to address modifiable risk factors.
• Identify patients with pre-diabetes and formulate a management plan to reverse or slow progression.
• Diagnose type 2 diabetes using current diagnostic criteria.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Risk Management and Medical Negligence, Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes