CME : 1.25
Desmoplastic Melanoma: An Image-Intensive Histological Tour with Clinical Correlates is organized by Opus Medicus, Inc. and will be held during Jan 11, 2017 - Jan 11, 2020.
The target audience for this medical event is Dermatologists, Pathologists. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
Desmoplastic melanoma is an uncommon subtype of melanoma, comprising approximately 1% of cases. It is often difficult to recognize both clinically and histologically and can assume a wide variety of histologic appearances. Space limitations limit standard Dermatopathology textbooks to a small number of histologic images of this important entity, and the many variations are not represented. This online CME course provides an image-intestive exploration of the histologic appearances of desmoplastic melanoma, with clinical correlation and discussion of its biologic behavior. It reviews the differential diagnosis and keys to accurate recognition, including the application of immunohistochemistry. Finally, management and, specifically, the role of sentinel lymph node biopsy are discussed.
• History/background of the desmoplastic melanoma.
• Clinical Presentation
• Histologic Appearances
• Differential Diagnosis
• Collagen matrix
• Genetics and Molecular
• Clinical course
• Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
• For Pathologists, Dermatopathologists, and trainees to:
• Readily identify and diagnose with confidence desmoplastic melanoma. desmoplastic malignant melanoma
• Understand the differential diagnosis of desmoplastic melanoma and be able to confidently separate these entities based on histomorphologic and immunohistochemical criteria.
• Learn the molecular genetics of desmoplastic melanoma.
• Learn about the prognosis and treatment of this tumor, including the controversial topic of sentinel lymph node biopsy.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Pathology, Dermatology, Dermatopathology
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine