Delivering Culturally Competent Care : Managing Type 2 Diabetes in Diverse Populations is organized by Virtual Lecture Hall (VLH).
Current CME Approval Period: October 22, 2021 - October 22, 2024
Original Release Date: October 23, 2008
• Up to 9.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
• 19.00 Part II MOC points
This course presents practical advice for working cross-culturally. It allows participants to practice and improve their communication skills while managing typical clinical problems encountered in persons with type 2 diabetes.
As a result of completing this activity, the participant will be better able to:
• Recognize the differences between the terms "race," "ethnicity," and "culture."
• Employ the Ask, Share, Compare, Negotiate Model with patients in the office setting.
• Describe research findings on health disparities, health beliefs, and health behaviors in diverse populations.
• Clinically manage medications and potential barriers to control of blood glucose for patients with type 2 diabetes.
• Appropriately order routine preventive services for patients with diabetes.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Copyrights © 2023 eMedEvents Corporation, All Rights Reserved.