Cultural Competency in Pharmacy
Cultural Competency in Pharmacy is organized by Connect Educate Impact (CEI) and will be held from Apr 07, 2020 - Mar 28, 2021.
The United States population demographics are rapidly changing. Due to these changes, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians need to develop cultural competency. Cultural competency plays an important role in improving overall patient outcomes. This course provides information on how to assess your cultural competence skill level as well as discussing cross-cultural communication tools and techniques for personal growth and development.
Upon successful completion of this knowledge-based course, pharmacy technicians should be able to:
• Define Cultural Competency and how it relates to the pharmacy.
• Assess your current cultural competency skills.
• Describe the importance of cultural competency in pharmacy.
• Identify possible barriers to cross-cultural communication.
• Evaluate communication tools to overcome barriers and improve cultural competency and patient care.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CEU : 0
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine