Cultural Competency Course
Cultural Competency Course is organized by echelon.
This course is accessible until 11/1/2022.
Cultural competence has become a major focus for healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities alike. This course discusses communication barriers as well as healthcare disparities that may occur in healthcare interactions with various racial and ethnic populations. This course is designed to broaden healthcare professionals’ knowledge and skillsets utilized in culturally sensitive healthcare delivery.
• Discuss values and preferences of individuals from various ethnic groups and cultures.
• Describe how cultural, language, and religious diversity impact the access to and the delivery of healthcare.
• Identify Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) standards and their purpose.
• Distinguish various abilities on cultural competence continuum scale.
• Review constructs of several cultural competence models and theories.
• Compare the similarities of various cultural competency assessment models for assessing patients from diverse cultures.
• Utilize key components of various cultural competency assessment models to provide comprehensive and culturally competent care.
• Discuss the nine critical domains used for measuring cultural competence, as defined by HRSA's Cultural Competence Committee.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
- CE : 2
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine