Create Systems for Quality is organized by American Association for Physician Leadership (AAPL). This Course has been approved for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™.
• Original Course Release Date: April 2018
• Course Expiration Date: April 2021
• Access to Course Expires: 365 days from purchase date of course
Unlock the step-by-step method for basic system design and gain access to the fundamentals of systems thinking. The course walks through basic system design, testing, and validation, system scaling, system maintenance - all to help physicians create lasting, high-quality change in their work environments.
• The four characteristics of a well-designed system
• The building blocks that make up every system
• Good testing environments vs. bad testing environments
• The best questions to ask early users and testers
• Design a system by defining its stock, inflow and outflow
• Create an effective testing environment to iterate and validate a system
• Leverage relationships with stakeholders to scale a system
• Incorporate balancing feedback to maintain a system
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
• Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
• Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
• Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
• Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. • Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
• CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
• Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Leadership, Medical Education, Quality Management