Contact Hours : 2.5
CE Credits : 2.5
CPEUs : 2.5
CQI for DSMES Programs, 2nd Edition is organized by Association of Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (ADCES)
Course Opens: Jul 22, 2018
Course Expires: Jul 22, 2021
The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This educational program will provide 2.5 contact hours of continuing education credit.
The American Association of Diabetes Educators, (AM001) is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR Credentialed Practitioners will receive 2.5 continuing professional education units (CPEUs) for completion of this program.
The American Association of Diabetes Educators is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. This program provides 2.5 contact hours (.25 CEU’s) of continuing education credit.
DSMES program staff find it challenging to meet Standard 10, Quality Improvement of the NSDSMES as they often do not have a clear understanding of CQI processes or how to select suitable CQI projects. This online course will help DSMES program staff to confidently select CQI projects and implement the process in a manner that not only meets the goals of Standard 10, Quality Improvement of the NSDSMES, but that has a positive impact on improving program services for people with diabetes.
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to select and implement an effective CQI project that best meets the needs of their DSMES program, as well as Standard 10, Quality Improvement of the NSDSMES.
• Explain how CQI benefits diabetes educators, patients, and DSMES practice.
• Identify the CQI requirements described in National Standards for DSMES as well as for AADE DEAP accreditation or ADA ERP recognition.
• Recognize elements of a formal CQI process.
• Discuss examples of different kinds of CQI projects that could be completed in a diabetes education practice setting.
• Evaluate examples of CQI projects and identify ways to improve them.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, Quality Management
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine