CME : 1.25
CNE : 1.25
MOC : 1.25
Controlled Substances Series: Fundamentals of Addiction and Addiction Treatment is organized by Medical Interactive Community.
Release Date: April 02, 2018
Expiration Date: April 02, 2021
This education is intended for all prescribers of controlled dangerous substances in all specialties.
MOC Points: 1.25
There are more than 20 million US citizens dealing with drug and/or alcohol addiction, yet many clinicians know very little about addiction and addiction treatment. The fundamentals of addiction and addiction treatment will be introduced in this course. This includes the basic neurobiology behind addiction, the stages of treatment, and the different kinds of rehabilitation programs and modalities offered to assist in the recovery process. The FDA approved treatments used in medication assisted recovery are also discussed.
• Describe the cycle of addiction.
• Provide rationale to support the following statement: Addiction is a chronic, relapsing disease of brain.
• Utilize person-first language in discussions related to addiction treatment and recovery.
• Explain the phases of treatment for patients with substance use disorders.
• Compare the risks and benefits of the common medications used in medication assisted treatment and recovery.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||01 Apr,2021||USD 95.00|
CME 0.75 +1
- 45 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine