Communicable Diseases for Maryland Massage Therapists
Communicable Diseases for Maryland Massage Therapists is organized by HomeCEU. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 4 Contact Hours.
Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant and Licensed Massage Therapist.
Communicable diseases continue to be a leading cause of illness and death as illustrated by HIV/AIDS, drug-resistant pathogens, H1N1 influenza, hepatitis, and outbreaks of foodborne illness. The prevention and control of communicable diseases has been, and continues to be, a primary function of public health.
This course addresses the constant threat of common and emerging communicable diseases through varying modes of transmission. Preventive concepts and measures will be offered to for approaches to control the spread of communicable diseases. Research will be cited for regarding emerging and re-emerging disease that pose a threat to the U.S. population.
This course is intended to instruct the professional on the constant threat of common and emerging communicable diseases through varying modes of transmission.
At the end of this course the professional will be able to:
• Describe elements of varying communicable diseases related to transmission of the disease
• Identify types of immunity and their impact
• Identify appropriate PPE for protection against communicable diseases
• Describe how to appropriately don and doff PPE
• Demonstrate an understanding of isolation precautions for communicable diseases
• Gain knowledge of the public health influence of communicable diseases
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- Contact Hours : 4
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Immunology and Microbiology