Commercial Driver Medical Examiner Training: Improving Transportation Safety through Education and Certification - Online
Commercial Driver Medical Examiner Training: Improving Transportation Safety through Education and Certification - Online is organized by Mayo Clinic.
Course opens: 06/13/2015
Course expires: 07/31/2021
This program is designed for health care professionals who will be performing DOT examinations, or who have an interest in promoting wellness in the population of professional drivers.
5.25 AAFP Prescribed
5.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
This interactive course will provide the essential core administrative and clinical knowledge necessary to complete the required examination mandated by the FMCSA for initial training.
This course will review certain subspecialty diseases and conditions encountered while performing CMV examinations, utilizing a case-based interactive approach focused on efficiently addressing complex clinical issues.
The training includes the following core competencies:
1)The role of the examiner in enhancing public safety
2) Diagnostic approaches in assessing medical fitness of the commercial driver
3) Navigating clinical and administrative issues commonly encountered in driver medical certification
4) Understanding and effectively managing the complexity of the physical requirements and stresses involved in operating commercial vehicles
5) Strategies for prevention and health promotion for CMV drivers. Content will focus on the core curriculum required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Following completion of this training, participants will receive the certification required to take the NRCME examination.
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
• Describe the specific physical and mental demands associated with operating a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
• Explain the responsibilities of a CMV driver.
• Recognize potentially disqualifying diseases, medications, or health conditions in the examination process, and provide drivers with parameters for safely proceeding with work duties.
• Document the requirements for the medical history and physical examination of a CMV operator.
• Develop strategies for efficiently conducting forensic evaluations, including addressing difficult issues in the certification process.
• Identify a variety of strategies for promoting improved health and wellness in this cohort of individuals.
• Explain the step-by-step process of registering for FMCSA exam and NRCME registry.
- CME : 5.25
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine