Cognitive and Perceptual Rehab Module 2: Apraxia, Unilateral Neglect, Agnosia, Attention Deficits
Cognitive and Perceptual Rehab Module 2: Apraxia, Unilateral Neglect, Agnosia, Attention Deficits is organized by HomeCEU. This Course has been approved for a maximum of 10 Contact Hours.
Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapist Assistants
This course utilizes text from the soft back textbook by Glen Gillen, “Cognitive and Perceptual Rehabilitation: Optimizing Function” © 2008. The introductions and the module summaries are adapted from the course textbook. With a renewed focus on function-based assessments and evidence-based interventions, this book includes all the tools you need to make a positive impact on the lives of your patients. This clinical resource summarizes, highlights and constructively critiques the state of cognitive and perceptual rehabilitation. The text helps you enhance the quality of life of your patients by promoting improved performance of necessary and meaningful activities and decreasing participation restrictions.
This course is intended to instruct the professional through a self-paced study cognitive and perceptual rehabilitation for occupational therapists to optimize function.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• Identify five characteristics of the praxis system.
• Recognize 11 clinical observations related to errors during task performance in patients with ideomotor apraxia.
• Identify 10 findings related to recovery patterns from apraxia.
• Identify and differentiate between locations of dysfunction in ideomotor and ideational apraxia.
• Identify components of the Florida Apraxia Screening Test-Revised.
• Recognize hierarchic order of the Protocol for Strategy Training for Those Living with Functional Deficits Secondary to Apraxia.
• Recognize 22 potential interventions for those living with functional limitations secondary to apraxia.
• Recognize what occurs during right hemispheric damage.
• Differentiate between 3 spatial aspects of neglect during functional activities.
• Identify 4 functional manifestations of motor neglect or extinction.
• Identify screening techniques for extinction and requirements prior to testing.
• List 7 patterns of impairments that are typical for those presenting with neglect.
• Identify suggestions to differentiate between neglect and visual field loss based on analysis of behaviors.
• Recognize components of the Catherine Bergego Scale.
• Recognize components of the Fluff Test.
• Define LHS.
• Identify sample environmental strategies to improve 5 functions in those with neglect.
• Identify and differentiate between three difficulties during everyday function including visual, visuospatial, and tactile agnosia.
• Define prosopangosia.
• Recognize lesion locations for pure word deafness.
• Differentiate between visual impairments and agnosia.
• Recognize standardized and nonstandardized assessment procedures for central achromatopsia.
• Define Attention.
• Recognize characteristics of the Moss Attention Rating Scale including instrument description, population, validity, and reliability.
• List and differentiate between 8 functional activities that are subtests of the Test of Everyday Attention (TEA).
• List and differentiate between 9 subtests that are part of the Test of • Everyday Attention for Children (Tea-ch).
• Recognize components of the Rating Scale of Attentional Behaviours.
• Define the n-Back procedure used in strategy training.
• Recognize and differentiate between three self –management strategies by Sohlberg and Mateer in strategy training.
• Identify 6 attention strategies for patients to help manage persistent attention problems.
- Contact Hours : 10
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine