Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education Perioperative Nutrition is organized by Cleveland Clinic Center for Continuing Education and would be held during Dec 04, 2015 - Dec 04, 2017.
The target audience for this medical event for family practice, internal medicine, gastroenterology, general surgery physicians and nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, residents and fellows. This CME Conference has been approved with a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
The Physician Engagement Education Series is designed to provide health care providers the tools to stay up to date on the latest innovations and trends of key topics in pre-operative and post-operative nutrition support, pre-operative carbohydrate loading, perioperative immunonutrition, postoperative complications and home parenteral nutrition, and enteral nutrition approaches. A multidisciplinary team reviews innovations and updates on perioperative nutrition.
Conference Objectives are :
• Describe the preoperative nutrition screening and develop a care plan to optimally prepare patients undergoing surgery.
• Define immunonutrition and describe its use as a therapeutic approach in surgical patients.
• Utilize evidence based perioperative nutrition therapy to optimize recovery in the post-operative period.
• Explain nutritional interventions to achieve the best outcomes, including quality of life, in patients with short bowel syndrome.
• Discuss appropriate use of parenteral and enteral nutrition.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.