Care of Chronic Conditions Self-Study Package - 3rd Edition
Care of Chronic Conditions Self-Study Package - 3rd Edition is organized by American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP).
Term of approval begins: 2/18/19
Term of approval ends: February 14, 2022
This Enduring Material activity, Chronic Conditions 3rd Edition, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 25 Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this Enduring Material activity for a maximum of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Designed to help family physicians provide the best care to their chronically ill patients, the AAFP’s Care of Chronic Conditions Self-Study Package is an evidence-based learning solution built to help you hone your clinical skills on a wide-range of family medicine-specific content related to chronic disease care - in a variety of formats.
This dynamic, 24-session video self-study tool was recorded from the AAFP Care of Chronic Conditions live course. Use this self-study tool to learn best practices to prepare effective treatment plans for condition management and formulate strategies to counsel patients on behavior modification - on a schedule that works best for you.
Upon completion of this CME activity, you should be able to:
• Prepare effective plans to diagnose, treat and manage chronic diseases.
• Formulate strategies to educate and counsel patients on behavior modification of factors such as nutrition, physical activity, smoking and alcohol use.
• Utilize strategies to help patients overcome barriers to change in relation to chronic diseases,including cultural competency, literacy skills and access to services or care.
• Implement tools to manage chronic care in practice and help patients control chronic illnesses, which may include practice transformation and/or quality improvement activities.
• Alzheimer’s Dementia
• Atrial Fibrillation
• Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
• Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
• Childhood Obesity
• Chronic Back Pain Management
• Chronic Kidney Disease
• Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
• Chronic Opioid Therapy – Update
• Depression Screening and Management
• Diabetes Update
• Herbal Therapies and Nutritional Supplements
• High Risk Medication Use in the Elderly and Deprescribing
• Hypertension Update
• Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
• Joint Injections
• Osteoarthritis: Diagnosis and Treatment
• Osteoporosis and Osteopenia
• Physician Wellness and Resilience: Management of the Difficult Patient
• Preventive Care for the LGBTQ Population
• Preventive Care: Immunizations
• Recurrent Stroke Prevention
Chronic Pain Management
- CME : 25
- Credits : 25
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine