Breathe! Rock! Draw! Self-Regulation Strategies
Breathe! Rock! Draw! Self-Regulation Strategies is organized by Starr Commonwealth.
This course promotes calm conversations by structuring activities in three areas (breathing exercises, rhythm routines and drawing/writing) and offering opportunities for children to socially engage through these structured activities in a small group format. The activities can be presented to a child/teen individually, in small group or in a classroom context. Using brain science and focusing on both the inner (sensations, images, feelings) and outer worlds (location, safety of that environment), strategies are thoughtfully introduced to promote self-regulation, positive connection and ultimately academic and social readiness to succeed. Course consists of reading and test.
The participant will learn how to:
• Foster self-regulation in child/teen.
• Promote learning readiness.
• Reduce disruptive behaviors.
• Enhance counselor/psychologist/teacher’s role as co-regulator of students.
• Improve child/teen self-confidence.
• Mobilize and motivate the child/teen by offering exercises that teach how to control body sensations, images, thoughts and feelings.
This course takes approximately 6-hours to complete. You do not have to complete it in one sitting. Once you purchase this course you will have access to it for 1-year (365 days). You must complete it in that time period. You may renew it for another year for an additional fee if necessary.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine