Breast Density Notification: Information for Primary Care Providers - Module 6 Negative Consequences of Screening
Breast Density Notification: Information for Primary Care Providers - Module 6 Negative Consequences of Screening is organized by University of Michigan Health System (UMHS).
Release Date: 1/1/18
Termination Date: 5/31/21
• The University of Michigan Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Participation: 0.50
The goal of this on-line education activity is to familiarize primary care providers with the concept of breast density, the Michigan Breast Density Notification Law, and the related implications.
This course will help primary care providers, physician assistants, and advance practice nurses understand the new law, how to properly risk stratify and counsel women with dense breasts on mammography, and how to implement their understanding and counseling into their practice.
Upon completion of this CME module, participants will:
• Identify concerns of women regarding mammogram recommendations
• Use your understanding of the data and consensus opinions to support screening recommendations
• Reassure patients regarding mammogram radiation and other concerns
- CME : 0.5
This self-study activity is appropriate for primary care physicians, physician assistants, and advanced practice nurses as well as other clinical personnel managing patients screened for breast cancer.
Number of Health Care Professionals Registered: 0 Number
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine