Contact Hours : 2
Bloodborne Pathogens Training: OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: November 01, 2020
Contact Hours: 2
2-hour continuing education course for nursing and other health professionals. Covers the requirements for annual bloodborne pathogens (BBP) training as outlined by OSHA. Includes information on transmission and protection; HBV, HCV, HIV, Ebola, and Zika; personal protective equipment (PPE) and procedures.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will be prepared to help prevent prescription drug abuse and diversion through dissemination and implementation of evidence-based information about the current prescription drug abuse epidemic, challenges in managing chronic pain, and best practices for prescribing controlled substances. Specific learning objectives include:
• State the OSHA definition for blood and other potentially infectious materials.
• Describe the employer requirements of OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
• Describe the chain of infection as it applies to bloodborne diseases.
• Identify bloodborne diseases of concern to healthcare providers in the United States.
• Discuss how Standard Precautions protect against bloodborne pathogens.
• Discuss types of personal protective equipment, work practices, and engineering controls that reduce risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
• Identify warning labels used in cases of known hazards or suspected risk of infection.
• Summarize employer and employee actions to be taken in case of an occupational exposure to a bloodborne pathogen.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapist Assistants
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||01 Nov,2020||USD 18.00|
SpecialtiesInfectious Disease, Haematology
Contact Hours 1
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 4
Contact Hours 9
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 6
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine