Contact Hours : 4
Bioterrorism and Weapons of Mass Destruction: Emergency Preparedness for Nevada Nurses is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: September 30, 2021
Contact Hours: 4
Fulfills 4-hour Nevada nursing CEU bioterrorism training requirement relating to the medical consequences of an act of terrorism that involves the use of a weapon of mass destruction (WMD). Prepare for and respond effectively to an act of bioterrorism, including methods of protection for NV nurses (RN/LPN) and patients, and the role of HAN and NVHAN.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will be prepared to help prevent prescription drug abuse and diversion through dissemination and implementation of evidence-based information about the current prescription drug abuse epidemic, challenges in managing chronic pain, and best practices for prescribing controlled substances. Specific learning objectives include:
• Define the terms “terrorism,” “terrorist attack,” “weapons of mass destruction (WMDs),” and “syndromic surveillance.”
• Distinguish between a terrorist attack, criminal act, and mass casualty incident.
• Describe types of terrorists and terrorist attacks.
• Identify appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to be used when treating patients potentially or actually exposed to nuclear, biological, and chemical agents.
• Review signs and symptoms of exposure to and emergency treatment for patients exposed to biological, nuclear, and chemical agents.
• Explain the Health Alert Network (HAN), including its purpose and the features unique to the Nevada HAN.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||30 Sep,2021||USD 40.00|
Contact Hours 1
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 2
Contact Hours 9
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 6
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine