CME/CE : 1.25
Biosimilars in Primary Care: Strategies for Improving Patient Management is organized by Pri-Med.
Effective Date: 12/19/2018.
Expiration Date: 12/19/2019.
1.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ or 1.25 AANP, including 0.58 AANP Pharm
In order to utilize and communicate with patients effectively on the role of biosimilars within the healthcare system, clinicians need to have a fundamental understanding of their unique approval process and how these agents differ in relation to their reference drug and generic small molecule drugs. This Video Webcast is designed to provide healthcare professionals with an opportunity to make well-informed decisions about the safety and efficacy profiles of biosimilars, apply their appropriate clinical use, and learn how best to communicate treatment decisions to patients so that positive patient outcomes may be realized.
• Define biosimilar therapies, including how they differ from both their reference drug and small molecule generic agents.
• Evaluate the most recent clinical evidence on biosimilar agents related to efficacy, safety, clinical implications for patient management, and value-based healthcare.
• Assess strategies for enhancing the effective clinical use of biosimilars, including considerations for evaluating biosimilarity, interchangeability, and the extrapolation of clinical data across indications.
• Identify primary-care driven opportunities for improving patient education and awareness of biosimilar therapies, including enhanced communication and shared decision-making, in order to optimize health outcomes.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
Primary Care, Biotechnology
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine