Biological Warfare: Diseases as Weapons is organized by RnCeus Interactive and will be held from Feb 06, 2019 - Jun 01, 2020.
The audience for this course is nurses (RNs & LV/LPNs) and other healthcare professionals who wish to expand their general knowledge about the use of biological weapons and agents in a potential bioterrorist attack against the U.S. population.
• Nurses (RNs & LV/LPNs) and other health professionals may earn 4 contact hours for completing this course.
• To earn 4 contact hours, participants must agree to spend no less than 240 minutes studying course material, exploring Internet links, working crossword puzzles (if applicable) and completing the exam and evaluation.
The goal of this course is expand the knowledge of nurses and other healthcare professionals who wish to learn about the use of biological weapons and agents in a potential bioterrorist attack against the U.S. population.
Upon completion of this course, the learner should be able to:
• Recognize the potential threat of the release of biological diseases/agents to the United States population.
• Describe Category A, B, and C biological threats as classified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
• Identify 4 rationales for the assignment of biological diseases/agents to a Category A classification.
• Identify the potential as a biological weapon, epidemiology, clinical course, and disease management for the following.
f. Viral hemorrhagic fever
Biotechnology, Infectious Disease