Best Practices for Competitive Grant Applications: NIH Funding for Research and Career Development Activities - Webinar
Best Practices for Competitive Grant Applications: NIH Funding for Research and Career Development Activities is organized by Columbia University Department of Medicine and will be held on Oct 11, 2019. This CME Conference has been approved for a maximum of 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM.
• Discussion of Federal funding agencies, including the NIH and the other Dept. of Health and Human Services Public Health Service agencies, as well as other agencies that support biomedical research (e.g., the Dept. of Defense, the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture).
• Discussion of the different types of research funding mechanisms, including grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts, and the different types of grants, e.g., those that provide comprehensive costs for the research project (e.g., R01), as compared to those provide funding for pilot projects (e.g., R03).
• Discussion of the mission and the different types of career development programs (e.g., K01, K08, K23, K24) will be provided. Discussion of the NIH review process specific for career development grant applications, including the role of NIH Institutes and Study Section review panels, deadlines, scoring system, Impact Scores, review criteria, and the allowed number of applications.
Additional details will be posted as soon as they are available.
- CME : 4
Toll free Number
Browse CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes