Contact Hours : 3
Best-Practice Prescribing and Drug Diversion Training for West Virginia Nurses (3 Hours) is organized by Wild Iris Medical Education, Inc.
Expiration Date: March 01, 2021
Contact Hours: 3
Mandatory West Virginia Nursing Ceu.
Fulfills the WV Board of Nursing requirement of 3 contact hours of continuing education on drug diversion and responsible prescribing of controlled substances. CEU course covers preventing prescription drug misuse/abuse, managing chronic pain, risk factors, and WV evidence-based guidelines for prescribing drugs.
Learning Outcome and Objectives:
Upon completion of this continuing education course, you will be prepared to help prevent prescription drug abuse and diversion through dissemination and implementation of evidence-based information about the current prescription drug abuse epidemic, challenges in managing chronic pain, and best practices for prescribing controlled substances. Specific learning objectives include:
• Discuss the epidemiology, trends, contributing factors, and social and economic impacts of prescription drug abuse and diversion.
• Identify risk factors for potential misuse/abuse of prescribed pain medications.
• List the classes of drugs that are most commonly abused and/or diverted.
• Discuss behaviors suggestive of aberrant drug-taking behavior.
• Compare/contrast acute and chronic pain.
• Summarize CDC guidelines for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
• Discuss West Virginia Safe and Effective Management of Pain (SEMP) guidelines.
• Describe current initiatives aimed at preventing prescription drug abuse and diversion.
Additional details will be posted as soon as information is available.
Pharmacy and Medicine, Pain Management
|Registration Type||Due Date||Price|
|Course Fee||01 Mar,2021||USD 30.00|
SpecialtiesPharmacy and Medicine, Pain Management
Contact Hours 1
Contact Hours 4
Contact Hours 2
Contact Hours 9
Contact Hours 3
Contact Hours 2
Browse Online CME / CE Conferences by Specialty View All
- Clinical Pharmacology
- Emergency Medicine
- Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Healthcare Management
- Infectious Disease
- Medical Education
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pain Management
- Pharmacy and Medicine
- Primary Care
- Pulmonary Medicine